Event DetailsDates: 2/2/2021 - 2/26/2021
1601 Rogers Avenue Fort Smith, AR 72901
Submit your artwork for FREE between Feb. 2-Feb. 26, 2021
On view May 21, 2021 – September 19, 2021
Former and current servicemen and women in the states of Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Texas are encouraged to submit their artwork for this paramount exhibit featuring art by servicemen and women from across the South-Central United States.
According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, it is estimated that 10-18% of the approximately 3 million U.S. service members deployed from 2001 to 2018 returned home with PTSD. The fear, depression, negative moods, and nightmares connected with PTSD interrupt their daily lives.
Art offers a nonverbal outlet of expression. Many service members find their art to become an extension of themselves and their thoughts.
The aim of this exhibit is to raise awareness about PTSD, offer a potential solution to help alleviate the symptoms of PTSD, and give these servicemen and women a venue to tell their individual stories through their artwork. All works in this group exhibit will be for sale and will benefit the participating artists and RAM’s Art4Healing Program.
Through the duration of this exhibit, RAM will offer Art4Healing classes FREE to Veterans.
Works selected to be shown in the exhibit will be selected by RAM.
Works may be of any media (including painting, photography, sculpture, etc.).
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
Fort Smith Regional Art Museum, Creative Forces: Honoring Heroes
1601 Rogers Avenue, Fort Smith, AR 72901
ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE:
- Up to 3 clearly labeled, high-resolution CD images, USB drives or photographs will be accepted
- Details for each work: title, year, media and dimensions (H x W x D)
- No images larger than 18 x 24” (framed 24 x 36”)
- Price required for each piece, in the event of a sale
- Short statement about the submitted piece
- Your branch of service
- Proof of military service
- Drop-offs can be made during museum hours: Tuesday–Saturday, 11 AM–6 PM; Sunday, 1 PM–5 PM
- Museum will not accept original artwork as a submission
- No submissions will be accepted via email
- Submissions will not be returned
- Artwork selected for the exhibit must be framed and ready to hang when delivered
Accepted entries announced: Friday, April 16, 2021
Deadline for delivery: Friday, May 7, 2021
Dates for pick up of unsold artwork: Sept. 24 – Oct. 8, 2021
SHIPPING & RETURN OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK: Accepted artwork must arrive prepaid at the museum by Friday, March 26, 2021. Participants must pick up their artwork from the museum no later than Oct. 8, 2021. Accepted entries may not be removed during the course of the exhibit. Accepted artwork must have a label affixed with the artist’s name, the title of work, & year clearly indicated. Unidentified artwork will not be considered. By submitting images of your work, it is agreed that all terms & conditions are fully understood.
* Please confirm directly with the promoter or box office to ensure event details have not changed.